Baserunning "Big Men"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baserunning "Big Men"

I am trying to teach my baseball team that baserunning is not only about speed but being observant and taking an extra base (first to third on a single).

Who do you think are some of the best Big Guy base runners. I know Ryan Howard is pretty good for being a big guy. Who else?
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Would David Wright be considered a big man?
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Miguel Cabrera runs the bases very well in my opinion. He was 2nd in Baseball last year in going 1st to 3rd on a single.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
        Miguel Cabrera runs the bases very well in my opinion. He was 2nd in Baseball last year in going 1st to 3rd on a single.
        Who was #1 Gladdy?
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Originally posted by bakemeister52 View Post
          Who was #1 Gladdy?
          It was Elvis Andrus I believe.

Comment

Very important fundamental topic. Be sure to show them how to slide away from the base or plate to avoid the defender or tag, as well.
            Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

These are 6th grade boys. I want them to realize that half of baserunning is speed (which for the most part is God given and I can't do much to help there), but the other part is being observant. Getting an extra step lead and then a secondary lead will often be the difference of being safe or being able to take an extra base. Using people they look up to can sometimes help them believe.

Comment

Pujols is another bigger player that is a great base runner. He is great on the bases.
                I collect St. Louis Cardinal's cards.

http://www.john146ministries.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X