My Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Team

Im only doing one baseball team this season. I wasnt really ready to draft my team today. I had the 3rd pick in the draft. A lot of the players I wanted were picked 1-2 picks before it was my turn. I got a lot of low risk high reward players in the draft: Ryan Howard (8th Round), Adam Dunn (19th Round), Justin Morneau (21st Round), and Jake Peavy (23rd Round). My closers are not the best, but I will try to make a few trades to better my team.

C - Miguel Montero
    1B - Ryan Howard
    2B - Brandon Phillips
    3B - Adrian Beltre
    SS - Derek Jeter
    OF - Matt Kemp
    OF - B.J. Upton
    OF - Yoenis Cespedes
    UT - Aramis Ramirez
    UT - Carlos Lee
    Bench - Adam Dunn
    Bench - Justin Morneau

SP - Cliff Lee
    SP - Jon Lester
    SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
    SP - Tim Hudson
    SP - Ivan Nova
    RP - Joel Hanrahan
    RP - Huston Street
    RP - Brandon League
    Bench - Chad Billingsley
    Bench - Matt Harrison
    Bench - Jake Peavy

not a bad draft
    http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
    Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

My team > your team

Comment

You will be able to find saves on the waiver wire.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Made a few moves off the waiver wire and get some better starting pitchers. I picked up Mark Buehrle and Ryan Vogelsong while dropping Chad Billingsley and Matt Harrison.

Comment

You could've got Brett Myers to close, why didn't you? lol

Comment

I also could have gotten Jonathan Broxton and Aroldis Chapman off waivers, but I already have 3 closers who dont have any competition to lose their closing job. Myers, Broxton, and Chapman are on teams that may go by closer by committee.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                I also could have gotten Jonathan Broxton and Aroldis Chapman off waivers, but I already have 3 closers who dont have any competition to lose their closing job. Myers, Broxton, and Chapman are on teams that may go by closer by committee.
                Myers was named the closer 2 weeks ago

Comment

Took a gamble on this one since I need some better starting pitching. I dropped Ivan Nova (the Yankees have too many starting pitchers and I think Nova will have a sophomore slump like Phil Hughes did last season) and got Roy Oswalt off waivers. Oswalt will be pitching again sometime this season. With Chris Carpenter going down the other day and probably out for awhile, I think the Cardinals will be more inclined now to offer Oswalt a contact. Oswalt was on waivers and I probably wouldnt be able to get a better starting pitcher basically for free so I had to take a chance that this pays off for my team.

Comment

I traded Ubaldo Jimenez and Yoenis Cespedes for Yovani Gallardo. With my extra roster spot I picked up John Danks from waivers.

I didnt want to draft either Ubaldo or Cespedes. I couldnt get who I wanted in those rounds and had to draft someone without really thinking about it. Ubaldo may be his 2010 Colorado self or his 2011 Cleveland self this season. Cespedes is a question mark, but I at least got points for his Home Run yesterday. There was too much risk with both of them. At least with Gallardo, I have a proven top 20 starting pitcher.

My pitching is now better. My offense should be okay if Dunn is his normal self this season and Morneau is healthy. Both are having good spring trainings. As soon as Ryan Howard comes back, my offense will be a lot better.

Comment

Trust me, Ubaldo will not be be in '2010 Colorado' form. He's a train wreck

Comment

if ure looking for a sleeper among starting pitching,u should look at Tigers SP Rick Porcello if he wasnt taken in the draft

Comment

Im sure Porcello is already on Gladdy's team. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                            Im sure Porcello is already on Gladdy's team. LOL!
                            No way would he be on my team right now...

Comment

I know its only one game, but Ubaldo pitched really good today and Gallardo got rocked yesterday. Cespedes also hit his third home run today and now has 7 RBIs. Maybe I made a mistake on that trade. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X