Ali and Marlins opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali and Marlins opener

The Marlins shouldn't have let Ali make the appearance last night. He was in terrible condition. It was very poor taste, in my opinion.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Well anything to get more fans to attend I guess.

Comment

It was very uncomfortable..Loria acting like all was fine was just poor in taste to me as well.

Comment

Wasn't a class act!
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

No one wants to remember Ali like that. Loria is a crook anyways. He's one of those owners that cries because other owners have more money to spend. Guess what? If you can't afford to buy a MLB team, afford to pay talent, then don't buy a team! Stick with being an art dealer. Don't have your hand out waiting for money from teams who know how to market their team and have the fan base to support it. All the hype and the Marlins didn't even sell out the opener!

Comment

I think it's more Ali's management group that is at fault than the Marlins...They are the ones who keep throwing him out there to make appearances for the fee....

Comment

That's true. They may be exploiting him. You would think his family would want him to keep his dignity. Some would say the same of the Cardinals and Musial. But I would beg to differ. Musial is synomonous with the Cardinals. He's the greatest Cardinal of all time. He's brought in for special occasions where the fans can celebrate "The Man", not to sell tickets. Ali has no connection whatsoever to the Marlins. The anniversary of a big fight with Sonny Liston doesn't qualify. A huge boxing match in Miami would be the proper venue to have a "healthy" Ali as a special guest.

Comment

Working...
              X