What a GRAND Easter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a GRAND Easter!

The Easter Bunny brought me an unexpected present today... my favorite team, the San Diego Padres avoided a sweep by the Los Angeles Dodgers with a nice 8 to 4 victory highlighted by Chase Headley's 8th inning grand slam.

Now I understand all of you out there who are saying, "who cares?".

Well... the fact is... these days Padres fans don't have a lot to cheer for. So we have to make these moments count. Since their arrival in 1969, the Padres have won only 46.3% of their games. That's the second lowest franchise winning percentage among all current MLB teams. Don't worry Tampa, you probably won't stay in last for long.

2007 Topps 52 "On Card" Signatures

So a huge "shout out" goes to the San Diego Padres and their fans... especially Mr. Headley.

You entered this game with a .000 batting average, but your first hit of the season secured the first win of the season for your team. Keep 'em comin'!

Happy Easter everyone!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

I think they will have an ok season but not a great one, think they are still missing a player of two!
    I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

You're a little more optimistic than me... so I hope you're right. I'm just hoping they don't end up in last place AGAIN.

Originally posted by bakemeister52 View Post
      I think they will have an ok season but not a great one, think they are still missing a player of two!
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bakemeister52 View Post
        Yeah, he's playing for the Marlins now.

Comment

Working...
        X