Yu Be Illin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yu Be Illin'

The highly anticipated Yu DarvishMLB debut turned out to be more entertaining than I had hoped.

After watching the first couple of innings, this classic RUN DMC song popped into my head and I couldn't resist using it in my post:

But to his credit, Darvish finished strong and earned the win. By the time the third inning rolled around, he had settled down and ended up pitching 3.2 more innings. During that time, he gave up only 2 hits, 1 walk, and no earned runs.

However, in the battle between WBC teammates... Ichiro was the clear winner. He went 3 for 4 with two singles, a double, and scored two runs against Darvish.

But in the end... Ichiro may have won the battle, but Darvish's team won the war.

Congratulations Darvish-san! I'm looking forward to following your career and collecting some of your cardboard.

What about the fans...

What was your first impression of Yu Darvish?

Happy Tuesday... and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X