Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheering for athletes on rival teams... what's your take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheering for athletes on rival teams... what's your take?

When I was a little kid (sometime in the mid 70's), I made my decision to root for the Oakland Athletics. A few years later, Tony Gwynn became a perennial all-star and one of the greatest hitters in the game, so I started to support the San Diego Padres too.

One American League team & one National League team with one thing in common. Both consider the San Francisco Giants rivals. Which means that I strongly dislike them and 99% of the time, I dislike their players too.

But over the years, I've made a couple of exceptions. Will Clark was the first. And Tim Lincecum is the other.

Now, I won't go to the extreme of calling myself a Lincecum fan. I just enjoy watching him pitch and if he's not throwing against the A's or Padres... I like seeing him succeed. Something he has yet to accomplish this season.

In his first two starts, Tim Lincecum has already given up 11 earned runs in only 7.2 innings pitched. Last year, he didn't give up his 11th earned run until his 6th game against the Washington Nationals. By then, he had already pitched 34.2 innings.

Hopefully tonight he'll turn things around against the Philadelphia Phillies. Good luck Timmy! Unleash The Freak! My guess is you're gonna need to, since you'll be facing their ace... Doc Halladay.

Today's question is...

Do you ever cheer for athletes who play on rival teams?

Happy Monday & sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Do you cheer for Jeff Francoeur? He sends baseballs wrapped in hundred-dollar bills and pizzas to A's fans.

Comment

Heck yeah... it's a shame the Royals don't come around more often ;-)

Originally posted by YankeeCollector View Post
      Do you cheer for Jeff Francoeur? He sends baseballs wrapped in hundred-dollar bills and pizzas to A's fans.
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X