Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 topps alex gordon 297a collection question

Hello people of the cardboard connection forums,

Im new here so if im posting in the wrong area please just let me know. I have 16 of the infamous 06 topps alex gordon 297a cards. Im looking to sell the collection. Ive been told to sell them one at a time or to have them all listed on separate consignment sites so that i can maximize my sales. I feel that what makes this collection so great is that i belive it to be the largest collection of this particular card anywhere. My question is should i break up the collection and piece it out or attempt to sell it as a lot? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Ive been out of collecting for sometime and would like the opinions of current collectors.. thanks

I would say to sell it individually because for a huge collection, a lot of collectors cant afford the price.

Comment

I understand that it will be harder to find one buyer. I am really interested in knowing if the collection would be more valuable as a lot than it would be selling individually.

Comment

Probably selling individually is the best.....What are those going for these days?

Was that the cut-out version, or the white out version?

I bought so many of those damn Walmart blasters trying to pull one of those......lol
        Currently looking for:
        Football: The Gronk!
        Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
        Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
        + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
        Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
        http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

I actually have 16 full 297a cards (full card).. and thats the thing is there is no "going rate" ive searched hours and only found 3 for sale. 1 @ $875 and 2 @ $1000.. but in reading some google hits there were several reported to sell in the $200-300 range over the last couple years.. not confirmed
          Last edited by gotti2k; 04-20-2012, 12:20 PM. Reason: added response

Comment

My May 2011 Beckett lists it for $300 mint.

How did you come across so many of the rare card, if you dont mind me asking?
            Currently looking for:
            Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Go Cats!!!

Trade page:

Comment

Sorry it took so long to reply. Been so busy.. cool story but I'll give the short version.. i buy storage units at the auction (storage wars).. i never have time to go through the boxes of cards that seem worth pennies but i always set them off to the side. I was sick one day and felt like doing something other than sitting in bed. I came across a childs baseball binder full of 06 topps. There was a full page of one card the only duplicate in the binder. So i looked up this one card just to see why he had so many of one card. Once i realized what i had i removed them to place in top loaders n found seven more behind the original 9.. i forgot i was sick for a few minutes.. i figure from what was in this particular collection this child had maybe bought 10 packs of 06 topps. If this kid only knew what he had in 06..

Comment

Sweet find! Congrats!

If u ever feel like u have too many on hand, feel free to send me one...to one day give to my kid, and one day his kids...and so on....at least til someone greedy gets ahold of it.....lol.

Cool story.
                Currently looking for:
                + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Go Cats!!!

Trade page:

Comment

Working...
                X