Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox Close To Acquiring Marlon Byrd

Red Sox close to acquiring Cubs OF Marlon Byrd - Yahoo! Sports

Wounded by 2½ weeks of poor pitching, spotty at-bats, clubhouse controversy and one critical injury, the Boston Red Sox on Saturday morning were close to acquiring outfielder Marlon Byrd from the Chicago Cubs, according to a report out of Boston.

As the first weeks of the post-Terry Francona/Theo Epstein era threatened the long-term health and stability of the current Bobby Valentine/Ben Cherington era, the Red Sox sought to cover for the shoulder injury suffered by center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury.

Byrd is owed $6.5 million in 2012, the final season of a three-year contract with the Cubs. He batted .276 with nine home runs and 35 RBIs in 119 games last season. The Cubs appeared likely to acquire right-hander Michael Bowden in exchange for Byrd, according to reports.

Looks like Michael Bowden and a PTBNL are headed to Chicago.

Desperate times for the BoSox

Comment

Man it's like Boston is crumbling.. it's roughy to watch! I hope they get it together soon.
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Byrd will be united with the guy who crushed his face with a fastball (Alfredo Aceves).

Comment

He won't help the pain in Boston!
          I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
          X