Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariano Rivera Injures Knee Shagging Flyballs During BP

Looks bad judging by the video linked below

Video Highlights & Clips - YESNetwork.com | Mariano Rivera injures leg after catching pop fly - Video

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Thats not good.

Comment

Heard they're calling it a 'knee sprain' for now, but it looked like an ACL to me.

Comment

ACL. If this is in fact his final season, I hate that it has to end this way and not with him getting the last three outs in a game. I just wish him a speedy recovery no matter what he chooses to do at seasons end.

Comment

I would hate to see him have to retire this way. Great career!
          Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Not a good way for his last season!
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

OK I'll ask. Why in the heck was he trying to act like Griffey Jr.? Shagging fly balls is one thing but risking your health and career to make a catch like that is another thing. Was he hoping to make play of the week on Sportscenter? I hope he's able to come back quickly from this and finish out a great HoF career in style. I'll bet Girardi forbids him from shagging fly balls anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                OK I'll ask. Why in the heck was he trying to act like Griffey Jr.? Shagging fly balls is one thing but risking your health and career to make a catch like that is another thing. Was he hoping to make play of the week on Sportscenter? I hope he's able to come back quickly from this and finish out a great HoF career in style. I'll bet Girardi forbids him from shagging fly balls anymore!
                I've seen pitchers make those plays all the time during BP.

Comment

I have also but I bet he won't do it again. It was an unnecessary risk.

Comment

There goes my fantasy season!! Hope he makes a full recovery.
                    I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

Working...
                    X