Yankees Robertson Blows Save As Rays Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees Robertson Blows Save As Rays Rally

Fifteen years and one Hall of Fame career later, it’s hard to remember Mariano Rivera blew three of his first six save opportunities in 1997. It was his first year as the Yankees’ closer, and he was an All-Star by mid-season.

Dave Robertson might appreciate the history lesson.

Newly appointed to fill Rivera’s shoes, Robertson loaded the bases with no outs and gave up a game-winning, three-run home run to Matt Joyce on Wednesday night. The 4-1 loss to the Rays left Yankee Stadium stunned into silence, and left Robertson facing the harsh reality of the most high-pressure job in baseball.

However do Not Forget Mo Rivera Blew 3 of his 1st 6 save opportunities. Now Robertson is not ever gonna be Mariano but he is built for the job and will be just fine

''Let's give the kid a chance,'' Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. ''Anytime you move up in a role it's an adjustment, but I have a ton of confidence that he's going to do a good job for us and he'll bounce back.

''This could be tough for him, but as I said, this is a pretty resilient kid. This is a kid that's done special things for us and you can't forget that.''

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Which is it, Rivera blowing 3 of his 1st 6 (1st sentence) OR 3 of his 1st 4 (underlined sentence) ????? Either way, even though it put the Rays in 1st above the "Birds" in the A L East, the Yankees lost.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

will the birds get a win on Tex today
      http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
      Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
        Which is it, Rivera blowing 3 of his 1st 6 (1st sentence) OR 3 of his 1st 4 (underlined sentence) ?????
        Have no idea what you saw.

too bad the rest of orioles faithful are not as optimistic as you. They know whats going to happen by the way they are coming out to see the club
        However I understand you will take what you can get at this point

edit May baseball loves birds in the AL east just normally they are blue.
        Last edited by wheeler281; 05-10-2012, 09:05 AM. Reason: add line

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Just lack of command, hopefully the media saw that, Robertson is still great.

Comment

Working...
          X