Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orioles & Adam Jones Agree to a Contract Extension

Orioles To Extend Adam Jones: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The deal will cover six years and fall in the $85MM range, Rosenthal and Morosi report (on Twitter). This means the deal will buy out Jones' final arbitration year (presumably for $9-10MM) and five free agent seasons at approximately $15MM per year.
    ---
    This would be the Orioles overreacting to a small sample size. Hopefully it works out for them, though.

Wow! Another terrible mistake by the O's. For that kind of money they could have gone after a top free agent rather than settle for an above average outfielder.

Comment

Geez horrible contract, but if he produces numbers like he is now it will be worth it.

Comment

Compared to most recent contract extensions & free agent signings, and the way "A J" is playing, I think the O's did good. But like in all signings, we'll just have to wait and see, you NEVER know what is in the future. Right now, there are few centerfielders that give as much (hitting,fielding, running, etc) as "A J".

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Wait and see how this deal works out!
          I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
          X