Justin Verlander Struggles in Tigers 5-1 Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Verlander Struggles in Tigers 5-1 Loss

The Detroit Tigers lost to the New York Yankees today 5-1.

The Tigers decided to take the day off and didn't show up it seemed. The only run came from a Prince Fielder solo home run; It's his 9th of the season.

Justin Verlander made the start today and struggled all day with his command. He pitched 6 and 1/3 innings giving up 5 runs (3 earned) on 9 hits, walking 4 and striking out 4 batters. Of the 114 pitches he threw, only 66 were strikes.

Duane Below and Brayan Villarreal combined to pitch 2 and 2/3 scoreless innings in relief.

The Tigers have an off day tommorrow, but open up a 3 game home series with the Cleveland Indians on Tuesday as Drew Smyly (2-1 3.46 ERA) takes on Ubaldo Jimenez (5-4 5.79 ERA).

Follow us on Twitter:@FearTheShadow

More...

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

A-Bomb from A-Rod...that one was a BLAST!!

Comment

It's looking like Verlander WILL NOT win consecutive Cy Young awards. Hopefully his season will improve.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
          It's looking like Verlander WILL NOT win consecutive Cy Young awards. Hopefully his season will improve.
          Just my opinion, but seems like a huge overreaction.

He's still having a great season, being 1st in innings pitched, strikeouts, and complete games. 3rd in WHIP, 4th in BAA, and 5th in ERA.

Plus, it's June 4th
          Last edited by gladdyontherise; 06-04-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Nobody wants to lead the most innings pitched usually that just means he is being worn out too fast. I say trade him to fill holes that are needed to be filled

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
              Just my opinion, but seems like a huge overreaction.

He's still have a great season, being 1st in innings pitched, strikeouts, and complete games. 3rd in WHIP, 4th in BAA, and 5th in ERA.

Plus, it's June 4th
              Yeah waaaaay to early.

Comment

Originally posted by buylowsellhigh View Post
                Nobody wants to lead the most innings pitched usually that just means he is being worn out too fast. I say trade him to fill holes that are needed to be filled
                kid of course

However they do not have may holes just are not hitting. Plus Verlanders are not grown on tress

Comment

Still a lot of the season left for Verlander and he needs to pitch a little less so he doesn't get burn out. He is a good pitcher and his team does need to get him some scoring!
                  I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
                  X