Derek Jeter Closing In On Cal Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Jeter Closing In On Cal Jr

The milestones just keep coming for this washed up ss who is currently batting .304 with 7 hrs and 25 rbi's. Pulling in as of today 3rd in the league it hits(93)

SS Derek Jeter went 1-for-3 Monday, moving him three hits away from tying Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. for 13th place on the all-time hits list with 3,184. Jeter turns 38 on today.
    Last edited by wheeler281; 06-26-2012, 12:20 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

1 behind cal after getting 2 hits on his Birthday last night. He is not in the lineup for todays matinee(scheduled day off)

Comment

Don't like Jeter, but it must be cool for Yankees fans to see a guy who continues to make history every day.

Comment

Tied Ripken tonight 2 more innings to go

Comment

Let me know when he ties Ripken on home runs, rbi's, and consecutive games played (this one will never happen with Jeter, or for that matter maybe anyone else).

The main items Im looking to trade for are
          Baseball HOFers Autos I need
          Orioles Autos I need
          Baseball HOFers GU I need
          Orioles GU I need
          Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
          However other offers will be considered

Comment

2 different type of players. Like saying Ozzie Smith could come close to HR's to Cal. However if he batted 3rd or 4th I bet his RBI total would have been much greater

How bout you let me know when Ripken leads his team to multiple championships or comes close to post season HR's of 17

let alone one is a career .275 hitter and the other well over .300
            Last edited by wheeler281; 06-28-2012, 08:41 PM. Reason: typo on players

Comment

The CHAMPIONSHIPS are TEAM items, not individual player statistics. Overall, Jeter is a good player. However, when you compare his individual stats with Cal's , Cal wins. So far as CHAMPIONSHIPS, if Jeter had played on other teams he wouldn't have been in on all of those championships. Without a doubt the Yankees for many many many years have had more money than any other MLB team, and therefore could "buy" a lot of championships. Again, Jeter is a good player, and will one day be a HOFer, but he just doesn't measure up to Cal Ripken, jr.

Have a good night.

Orioles Autos I need
              Orioles GU I need

Comment

Asdrubal Cabrera > Derek Jeter/Cal Ripken Jr. combined.

/discussion

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Rodney He is a leadoff or 2 hitter. How would he get RBI's.

Like Comparing Jeters SB's and runs scored to Cal's not even close. He has had 200 hits 7 times to Cal's 2 playing 4 less years. Meaning his ob% is even much greater.

If avg hitting is your thing then you got Cal. He could hit the long ball that makes him better?. Dave Kingman could hit the long ball too but pretty sure he is not Tony Gwynn. Jeter won't be playing 3rd anytime soon like someone else we know just to get the #'s . I think playing 700 more games will give you better numbers.
                  Keep saying buy championships? If paying the guys that got you to the dance is a crime then put me in jail.

Jeter-Farm
                  Rivera-Farm
                  Petitte- Farm
                  Posada- Farm
                  ^^ Thats where most of the money was tied up in the glory days

Then throw in the Scott Brosius, Charlies Hayes and Paul Oniells of the world that nobody wanted.

You have a good night as well
                  Last edited by wheeler281; 06-28-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

So, are you saying Jeter is better than Cal because he ONLY plays SS ??? Many GREAT players have played SS and other positions - Ernie Banks, Robin Yount, and a current Yankee (A. Rod.), just to name a few. Oh well, we may as well drop this. You, being a Yankee fan and me an O's fan will NEVER agree. However, just something to think about, if you were putting together a 25 man team from everyone who has ever played MLB would Jeter be on your team ??? After much thought, and stats, if I was to carry two SS's they would be Ripken & Honus Wagner.,

Have a good day.

ps - so far as $$$ - what about A ROD, SABATHIA, TEXEIRA,etc (many others before them) ??? Just something else to think about.

Orioles Autos I need
                    Orioles GU I need

Comment

I am saying Jeter is a better hitter then cal. That goes without saying for me.

I am quite confident it would be a 50/50 split on who guys would pick. In a couple more years it will not even be a debate .

If you like limited range, slightly above avg hitting but a guy that is horse and hit a few bombs then you pick Cal.

If you want a top notch hitter who can steal bases, get you runs and field like a champ (5 gold gloves,Cal 2) then you go Jeter.

By the end of his career Jeter will have dwarfed Cal in almost every category (except hr and rbis) without dh'ing or moving to 3rd. Setting consecutive game record does not make you the best. In fact it cost his team and his numbers

He is also among the greatest postseason hitters of all time, with a career .307 BA, 20 HR, 59 RBI, 18 SB line in 152 postseason. You can;t just discount it like it means nothing lol

You indicated they bought championships. D they have abig payroll yes. The family doe snot sit back and not spend money In the glory days the money was tied up in the corp from the farm and then they signed cast offs. When you have one of the richest owners do not blame the yankees, be bitter at the lame duck owner

The yanks out bid the orioles by 1.5 million a year on texiera. Hardly huge defecit You do realize the Angelos (who has more money then steinbrenners) just refuses to spend money yet pocket the luxury tax paid my teams like the tigers, yankees, dodgers etc He has never been the same since the epic Albert Belle signing

You are right we may as well drop this thing you started

Have a Great Weekend!
                      Last edited by wheeler281; 06-29-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Let's be fair, Asdrubal Cabrera has more range than Jeter/Ripken combined.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                          Let's be fair, Asdrubal Cabrera has more range than Jeter/Ripken combined.
                          No doubt better range will be anxious to see how many gold gloves he gets. Kid is a stud. There are a ton of guys that always have had better range This is off topic though we are talking about HOF'ers

Comment

wheeler281 - Jeter should be proud of you, you have defended him well. However, as I said before, we'll NEVER agree - you being a Yankee fan and me an Orioles fan - so it's over. I know Jeter will some day make the baseball HOF (no doubt), but your comment to gladdy is a little off. We weren't talking about HOFer's, because ONLY Ripken is (as of now) in the HOF - Jeter can't really be referred to as one UNTIL he gets in.

In regard to A. Cabrera, I think we need to wait a while until he is well into his MLB career, maybe another 10 to 15 years before he is measured with Ripken, Jeter, and other great SS's of the past. It's just too early now to do so, even though he is off to a fairly good start.

Orioles Autos I need
                            Orioles GU I need

Comment

I'm a Yankees fan and Jeter fan, was never a Ripken fan but they are two different players and both have/had great careers. Ripken didn't have the teammates that Jeter has had to win all the championships. The Yankees have had the pitchers and Mo to also win all the championships. They also started in different decades! Both are loved by the fans and their peers.
                              I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
                              X