Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce Harper & Michael Bourn Added To NL All Star Team

Nats' Harper, Braves' Bourn added to NL roster - Yahoo! Sports

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nationals manager Davey Johnson was talking to general manager Mike Rizzo on Saturday when he called for Bryce Harper to come over.

Harper thought it was one of two things: ''I was thinking I was going down because Rizzo and everybody was over there or the All-Star game,'' he said.

Forget about that minor league return, Bryce. Next stop, baseball's showcase game in Kansas City.

The 19-year-old Harper became the youngest position player to make the Midsummer Classic and third youngest All-Star ever when NL manager Tony La Russa selected the precocious outfielder to replace injured Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton.

Atlanta Braves speedster Michael Bourn also made the NL team Saturday, replacing Washington Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond.

I'm glad to see Harper get in.

Comment

Love it. People who are complaining about it have NOT been watching him on a daily basis. The "kid" is truly phenomenal. The trading card companies call almost all the rookies "Phenoms" but most of them are not amazing to watch.
      I collect Redskins, Rams, Captials, Nationals, Washington Senators (Old Baseball not the Canadian Hockey team), Orioles, Bullets/Wizards, Non-Sport, Autos and HOFers. Also 1983 NFL Huddles mascot figures (2" PVC)

Master Want List / CaptKirk42 Card Blog / Curly W Cards Blog

sigpic
      #d 40/50

Comment

Harper also should've been in the HR derby. Giving Stanton's spot to Mccutchen is going to be boring to watch from the NL side. All that's left to see is Prince v. Cano.

Comment

Working...
        X