Astros trade J.A. Happ and Brandon Lyon to the Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astros trade J.A. Happ and Brandon Lyon to the Blue Jays

Astros, Blue Jays Complete Ten-Player Trade: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Astros and Blue Jays have completed a ten-player trade, the teams announced. The Astros obtain seven players from Toronto: right-hander Francisco Cordero, outfielder Ben Francisco, minor leaguers Joe Musgrove, Asher Wojciechowski, David Rollins and Carlos Perez, and a player to be named. The Astros send left-hander J.A. Happ (pictured) and right-handed relievers Brandon Lyon and David Carpenter to Toronto in the trade.
    ---
    Houston didn't get much, the Jays needed some kind of pitching, even though Happ probably will be bad.

Astros didn't improve, it could help a little for the Blue Jays
    I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

How quick do players move when this happens?....am I correct to NOT expect Happ and Lyon to be at the game tomorrow night for the astros?
      Currently looking for:
      Football: The Gronk!
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
      Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
      http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Originally posted by azdbacks1998 View Post
        How quick do players move when this happens?....am I correct to NOT expect Happ and Lyon to be at the game tomorrow night for the astros?
        Yep, they're already with the Jays.

Comment

I remember the Jays wanted Happ when the Phillies were pursuing a trade for Halladay a couple years back.

I don't think Happ will fair too well in the AL East.

Comment

Kind of an odd trade, but likely doesn't impact either team.

Comment

Working...
            X