Thome hits #611 has sole position of 7th place on all time Homerun list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thome hits #611 has sole position of 7th place on all time Homerun list

CLEVELAND -- Jim Thome is still leaving his mark at Progressive Field.

A day after moving into sole possession of seventh place on the all-time home run list, Thome struck again. His two-run homer in the seventh inning led the Baltimore Orioles to their fourth straight victory, 3-1 over the Cleveland Indians on Saturday night.

Thome, who passed Sammy Sosa on the career list on Friday, hit his 611th -- and second with Baltimore since being acquired from Philadelphia on July 1. He homered off Zach McAllister (4-2) to wipe out a 1-0 deficit.

Chris Tillman (2-1) allowed only Shin-Soo Choo's leadoff homer in the first over 6 2/3 innings. The right-hander, making his third start of the season since being called up earlier this month, gave up six hits, struck out four and walked one.
    Baltimore Orioles vs. Cleveland Indians - Recap - July 21, 2012 - ESPN
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Thome = AL Central killer

Comment

Hopefully the "Birds" and Thome will continue on this present nice flight and add to their winning and HR streaks.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

He's still got it!

Comment

Love me some thome!!!!
          Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
          Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
          Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

As a Yankee fan Thome in his prime(Cleveland) was the one player I feared the most as a fan. This is good for baseball for I am quite confident he has done it the right way. However according to some longevity means nothing even though you are racking up the stats

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

The man can still hit them, that is great for the O's!
              I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
              X