All-Star SS Ian Desmond heading to DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Star SS Ian Desmond heading to DL

Washington Nationals manager Davey Johnson announced Sunday that All-Star shortstop Ian Desmond would be placed on the 15-day disabled list with a tear in his oblique.
    Desmond has been trying to play through the injury, but an MRI on Sunday revealed the tear.
    Johnson said that Desmond was hurting at the end of Saturday's doubleheader with the Atlanta Braves.
    "There was no point (Saturday) where I felt I made it worse," Desmond said. "I was just ready for it to stop."
    Desmond, who missed the All-Star Game because of an abdominal injury, is hitting .286 with 17 home runs and 53 RBIs.
    Washington Nationals say Ian Desmond heading to DL with torn oblique - ESPN
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

He was playing with a torn oblique? Wow

Comment

He is an awesome guy. My son met him at spring training. He pulled my son under the rope (he was walking to the field) and talked with him for like 3-5 minutes asking him what position he played, who some of his favorite players were, etc. He wouldn't sign any autographs for adults, but he was signing a lot for the kids.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

ouch but he was playing with it till he needed to rest it
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
        X