Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Trades Ichiro to the Yankees

Yankees Acquire Ichiro Suzuki: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Yankees have acquired Ichiro Suzuki from the Mariners in exchange for minor league pitchers D.J. Mitchell and Danny Farquhar, according to Jack Curry of the YES Network (on Twitter).
    ---
    Well, this was a shocker.

Only fitting that one of my most hated players gets traded to one of my most hated teams.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
      Only fitting that one of my most hated players gets traded to one of my most hated teams.
      Does he kill the Indians?

He always kills the Tigers, even now when he isn't that good.

Comment

No, he just talked a bunch of smack about the city of Cleveland a few years back when they got snowed out three straight games to open the season.....you know, because the city can control when it snows and all.

Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Being a Yanks fan this makes some sense but who is leaving or not playing as much so Ichiro can play!
          I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Swear I hate the Yankees so much...
            U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
            Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
            Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Great one of my favorite players now on the Yankees. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                Does he kill the Indians?

He always kills the Tigers, even now when he isn't that good.
                Doesn't everyone kill the Indians?

Comment

No, he just talked a bunch of smack about the city of Cleveland a few years back when they got snowed out three straight games to open the season.....you know, because the city can control when it snows and all.
                  How much smack could a guy that doesn't speak English say in Japanese that you could understand? You can't always trust Rosetta Stone!

Comment

I found the quote:

"To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to. If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying." Ichiro

Can't fault the guy for telling the truth, if he really said it like that. If he didn't like sushi, and someone asked his opinion, should he say "I love raw fish"?

Comment

As Yankee fan glad to see the Ichiro was rented for the year after Gardner stint on the DL has lingered. . They needed outfield help. However if Gardner was there they never go after him

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                        I found the quote:

"To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to. If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying." Ichiro

Can't fault the guy for telling the truth, if he really said it like that. If he didn't like sushi, and someone asked his opinion, should he say "I love raw fish"?
                        Seriously....he really has to say 'I'd punch myself in the face if I said I was excited about going to Cleveland'? Unnecessary. Sorry you seem to take so much offense to me saying he's a jerk....but he's a jerk.

Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Seriously....he really has to say 'I'd punch myself in the face if I said I was excited about going to Cleveland'? Unnecessary. Sorry you seem to take so much offense to me saying he's a jerk....but he's a jerk.
                          No offense taken. You have as much right to say Ichiro is a jerk as he does to say that he hates Cleveland. Point made. You have the right to be angry about it but that won't change the way Ichiro feels about Cleveland. I like Cleveland. I neither like or dislike Ichiro. I was just trying to see things from both sides.

Comment

Pretty nice deal for the Yanks. They gave up nothing to get him. You'd think the Mariners would either fork over more dough to get a better prospect from another team or they wouldn't have paid the Yanks anything for the return they got on him.

Comment

Watched this game today and it looks like Ibanez and Andruw Jones will lose at times at bat to Ichiro but I think he will work out
                              I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
                              X