Tigers Trade Jacob Turner In a Deal for Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigers Trade Jacob Turner In a Deal for Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante

According to Jon Morosi the Detroit Tigers have traded Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly and Brian Flynn for Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez

Infante this season is hitting .287 with a .312 on-base percentage and has a slugging percentage of .442. He has 8 home run's and 33 RBI as well as 10 stolen bases.

Sanchez this season is 5-7 with a 3.94 ERA and 1.26 WHIP.

Jacob Turner made 3 starts for the Tigers this season, and in the minors this season he was 5-4 with a 2.77 ERA and 1.19 WHIP.

Flynn is a lower tier prospect, and Brantly is a solid catching prospect, but was most likely blocked from the major leagues with Alex Avila to be the catcher for a while most likely.

Omar Infante is signed through the 2013 season while Sanchez is set to be a free agent after the 2012 season.

I am not a fan at all of this trade, but hope it works out for the Tigers.

Follow us on Twitter: @FearTheShadow

More...

Sanchez has a lot of potential. And Infante was an All Star last year. LOL!

Comment

Thought Jacob Turner was untradeable ? So much for that

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
        Thought Jacob Turner was untradeable ? So much for that
        I'm not a fan of the trade (because I think Turner could've brought much more), but Dombrowski may be onto something. In highschool when he was drafted, he was throwing 97-100 MPH, now it's 90-94 MPH, still a solid fastball, but a big drop in velocity.

Castellanos is the guy who won't get traded though, Dombrowski said today he's been getting tons of calls on him, but won't entertain any offers.

Comment

Trading Turner was a big risk, but I wasn't too sold on him either as a front line guy. They probably could have gotten more out of him on the trade market, but at least he won't come back to haunt them if he turns out to be good in the NL.

Comment

Sanchez will work out good for the Tigers
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
              I'm not a fan of the trade (because I think Turner could've brought much more), but Dombrowski may be onto something. In highschool when he was drafted, he was throwing 97-100 MPH, now it's 90-94 MPH, still a solid fastball, but a big drop in velocity.

Castellanos is the guy who won't get traded though, Dombrowski said today he's been getting tons of calls on him, but won't entertain any offers.
              Do you think the drop in velocity is due to his arm weakening or because he's backed down to be able to locate his fastball easier? Take Aroldis Chapman, for example, he can throw a 105 MPH fastball but has no idea where its going. When he backed down to 98-100 MPH, he was able to locate it and hitters still can't catch up to it.

Just curious which is the case.

Comment

He just can't throw that hard for whatever reason anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X