Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starling Marte Hits Home Run In First At Bat

Pirates hand Astros 10th loss in row with 5-3 win - Yahoo! Sports

Starling Marte insisted he wasn't nervous before his major league debut Thursday night.

When Pittsburgh's prized prospect sent the first pitch he saw into the seats for a home run, it was evident that he was perfectly comfortable in his new role.

Marte's leadoff homer helped the Pirates jump out to an early lead and they held on for a 5-3 win over the Houston Astros.

''I was serious,'' Marte said in Spanish through a translator. ''I was pretty confident.''

Marte is the third player in franchise history to homer in his first at-bat and the first to do it since Don Leppert in 1961. No Pirate has homered on the first pitch of his major league career since Walter Mueller did so in 1922.

Watched his ab's last night for nothing else was on. Kid looks good man. How can you not feel happy that the buccos are turning it around so far.
    Last edited by wheeler281; 07-27-2012, 08:25 AM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
      Watched his ab's last night for nothing else was on. Kid looks good man. How can you not feel happy that the buccos are turning it around so far.
      I know one man who isn't happy, and he's a Cleveland fan

Comment

Love how the Pirates are doing this year!
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
        X