Jim Leyland backs Miguel Cabrera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Leyland backs Miguel Cabrera

Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland said during a radio interview that Miguel Cabrera should win the American League MVP over Mike Trout.

Leyland, speaking Thursday on WXYT 97.1 Radio in Detroit, admitted that Trout has had an "unbelievable" season and expressed concern that the rookie's "Wonderboy" status could impact the MVP race.

"I mean this respectfully," Leyland said during the interview. "I don't mean this disrespectfully -- I think what could be a little problem for Miggy ... he could run into one of these Wonderboy stories.
    Detroit Tigers' Jim Leyland -- Miguel Cabrera deserves MVP over Mike Trout - ESPN
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Even if Cabrera did deserve the MVP (and currently, I'd say Trout is slightly more deserving), Trout has such a powerful narrative working for him that Cabrera has no chance.

Comment

I think either is deserving. Perhaps it will come down to whose team has a better record. But in the grand scheme of the game, why does it really matter? Unless there's a clause in Cabreras contract that gets him a bonus if he wins it. I think the same goes for the Cy Young or any other award. In a team sport, shouldnt the most important thing be winning the World Series?

Comment

Working...
      X