graded Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graded Cards

This isn't really a selling cards thread but i'm looking for some help.

I am looking to send in some cards to be graded. I have looked at what alot of people are selling and trading, what is graded and what is not, but i am looking for a little help in what big time collectors get graded. I see ALOT of auto refractors that are graded. What else would you get graded, lets use just 2012 cards for instance......

-Would you get the base RCs (Darvish, Harper, Cespedes, Lawrie, and any trouts) graded? Most of the first 3 all have RC on their base cards this year. I have probably 50 of those 5, basecards of different brands. Topps, heritage, bowman, chrome, platinum, ginter. Would they be worth more, or only when autographed?

-i have a good bit of Tier One, but I see nothing of Tier one getting graded. Why is this? I Have a Yu Darvish auto on the way, should I get it graded?

-Prospects always seem to be graded, even to no names that may be somebody in the next yer or two. Take a chance and get them graded?

-Relics????? I never see them graded. Is there any relics you would have graded?

- What about Ginter auto's? I know most small name players you wouldn't worry about, but what if you had a rare auto, thats framed????? I don't think i have seen any of these.

-also, I have a bunch of 80's-early 90's RCs of guys who are retired or ending there careers soon. Would you include them in?

This is just a quick Q/A if any of you cna help me out. And please let me know if there is anything else you can tell me. thanks!

anybody help on this one today?

Comment

All good questions.....I personally dont, and never have gotten anything graded just cause I dont care, but I'd be interested to see what someone says that knows the grading pros and cons and has their finger on the beat as far as the graded part of the hobby.
      Currently looking for:
      Football: The Gronk!
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
      Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
      http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

I'm not an expert and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....I would have key Rookie cards graded. While it's true that collectors today know how to properly treat the cards and appreciate the value, I think a graded card gives the impression that an expert has said this card is great or maybe even poor. I read somewhere that grading a modern day card will increase it's value more than grading an older card. Maybe that's because production runs are lower now or because collecting is more sophisticated and a savvy collector demands the best quality and is willing to pay for it. A few months back, there was an article about former major leaguer Dmitri Young and how he only collects PSA 10's.

Grading comes at a cost, it's definitely not cheap. And deciding which service to use is another tough decision. Ive used PSA for several Pujols RC Autos. The card books for $4500 raw, so I would think it would have no problem selling for $8-9000 but I'll never sell anyways.

Harper, Trout, Darvish seem like great cards for grading in 2012 product, especially autos or low produced refractors. Just make sure grading the card doesn't cost more than the book value. If the player bombs or grows stagnant, it'll make it easier to recoup your money.

Hope it helped.

Comment

Working...
        X