Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartolo Colon Suspended 50 Games for Failed Drug Test

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/238326743864328194

@MLB: BREAKING: A's RHP Bartolo Colon suspended 50 games without pay after testing positive for Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance.
    ---
    1 year too late.

They are going to start saying its racial profiling!
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

This doesn't surprise me. Not that I am trying to say it is alright, but at his age and the fact that he hasn't been relevant for a couple of years, I can see why he would take the chance.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

It's becoming evident that the 50 game suspension if caught isn't working. So, change the rule to "if caught, kicked out of Major League Baseball for life" and no access to any MLB benefits. If that was the penalty, it would definitely bring the # using such drugs to a stop. The "slap on the wrist" penalty just isn't working.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

I agree with Rodney.

Comment

He hasnt been relevant since he won the Cy Young Award with the Angels close to 7 years ago.

Comment

it's apparent that the MLB policy isn't working. Why not go the NCAA route? When colleges or college coaches violate NCAA rules they can lose scholarships, become Bowl ineligible, forfeit season wins, or even worse, FORFEIT National Championships.

What if MLB imposed a penalty for juicing that states, "If a player fails a drug test, you lose a draft pick?" Or, "You forfeit a percentage of the games that he played in, up to that point in the season?" "Become post season ineligible?" "God forbid, forfeit a World Series Championship". " Maybe even fine the owner?"

We tell young kids, you have to play by the rules. Cheating is not allowed. But they see "professionals" taking the easy way, succeeding and not really being punished for it.

I'm sure the MLBPA would fight such policies to the bitter end, but something conclusive has to be done. Congress getting involved and wasting taxpayer money isn't the solution either. Either those policies are instituted and ends the drug use or a lifetime ban does.

I know the bar is set so high and the competition is fierce, but cheating to get ahead is not the answer. Working harder is. Players have to be held accountable for their actions.
              Last edited by jwgreen68; 08-24-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X