It's time for a new MLB Drug Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for a new MLB Drug Policy

it's apparent that the MLB policy isn't working. Why not go the NCAA route? When colleges or college coaches violate NCAA rules they can lose scholarships, become Bowl ineligible, forfeit season wins, or even worse, FORFEIT National Championships.

What if MLB imposed a penalty for juicing that states, "If a player fails a drug test, you lose a draft pick?" Or, "You forfeit a percentage of the games that he played in, up to that point in the season?" "Become post season ineligible?" "God forbid, forfeit a World Series Championship". " Maybe even fine the owner?"

We tell young kids, you have to play by the rules. Cheating is not allowed. But they see "professionals" taking the easy way, succeeding and not really being punished for it.

I'm sure the MLBPA would fight such policies to the bitter end, but something conclusive has to be done. Congress getting involved and wasting taxpayer money isn't the solution either. Either those policies are instituted and ends the drug use or a lifetime ban does.

I know the bar is set so high and the competition is fierce, but cheating to get ahead is not the answer. Working harder is. Players have to be held accountable for their actions.

I agee with you something has to be done to get rid of PED's in all Pro, College, Youth or olympics. The 50 game ban is playing out to be a failure.

1. Ban the player for life
    2. Team forfiets any game he played in
    3. Team inelgible for post season play for 3 years, a little peer pressuse and management involvement
    4. Fine for every game abuser played in, his average daily salary
    5. Mandatory monthly testing for PED for every player at every level
    6. 10% of team randomly tested each game day

being payed for natural ability and then cheating the game, teammates, opposing players and THE FANS is so out of hand it will destroy the game.

if you use PED's your lower than whale poop at the bottom of the Mariana's Trench
    UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

Working...
    X