Red Sox/Dodgers HUGE trade in the works - Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox/Dodgers HUGE trade in the works - Official

4:34pm: The Red Sox and Dodgers are closing in on a trade that would send Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto to Los Angeles, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com reports (on Twitter). Hurdles remain, but the sides continue working toward a dea
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

i wonder if hanley is in this deal ?

Comment

I can see the Dodgers moving
      Hanley, eithier, and Loney with some pitching... But who knows??
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

I read it was Loney along with 4-5 prospects. I think BoSox want the shed payroll.

Comment

Payroll dump. The list of prospects so far is sub-par to say the least other than Allen Webster.

Comment

As long as Sox don't pay more than $10 mil out of the $261 then it is a good deal. Even with subpar prospects coming back the ability to shed Crawford's deal is huge. Crawford's out all next year anyway after Tommy John surgery. While AGone is one of the best 1st basemen in the league, that position is stacked and the Red Sox shouldn't have difficulty finding another top one within two years.

Comment

It's rare that this many names are included in a post-deadline deal.
              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by leiber88 View Post
                As long as Sox don't pay more than $10 mil out of the $261 then it is a good deal. Even with subpar prospects coming back the ability to shed Crawford's deal is huge. Crawford's out all next year anyway after Tommy John surgery. While AGone is one of the best 1st basemen in the league, that position is stacked and the Red Sox shouldn't have difficulty finding another top one within two years.
                Tommy John for a position player is actually a much shorter time to come back from.

---

Pretty incredible if this goes down.

Comment

Crawford is actually expected to come back early next season.

Originally posted by leiber88 View Post

Comment

Boston Red Sox send Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford to Los Angeles Dodgers in blockbuster trade - ESPN

Its official. Crazy day for both Los Angeles and Boston fans. Cant wait to watch tonight's game since Gonzalez is supposed to play. This is the type of move Dodger fans wanted from McCourt. Glad to see the Dodgers bringing in good players in order to win.

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Dodgers completed the largest trade in franchise history Saturday, acquiring All-Stars Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Josh Beckett in a nine-player trade in which they are taking on more than a quarter of a billion dollars in salary.

It's another bold and expensive move for a new ownership group that has made it clear they'll spare no expense to put a winning team on the field as soon as possible.

"We continue to do everything in our power to strengthen our team for the stretch drive in an effort to reach the postseason," Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said in a statement. "The trade today exemplifies owernship's commitment to making the team as good as possible, not only for 2012 but for many seasons to come."

The Dodgers sent first baseman James Loney and minor leaguers Allen Webster, Ivan De Jesus and two players to be named later -- pitcher Rubby De La Rosa and infielder Jerry Sands, according to sources -- to Boston in the trade. They also acquired utility man Nick Punto.

According to ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney, Gonzalez is in the Dodgers' lineup for Saturday night's game with the Miami Marlins, batting fifth behind last year's MVP runner-up Matt Kemp.

Comment

Official: Dodgers and Redsox Complete Blockbuster Deal

The Red Sox are sending Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford, and Nick Punto to Los Angeles. While the Dodgers are sending Rubby De La Rosa, Allen Webster, Jerry Sands, James Loney, and Ivan De Jesus to Boston.

Ever since the Padres put Adrian Gonzalez on the trading block a couple years ago, I wanted him in a Dodgers uniform. He's the best player on Mexico's World Baseball Classic team and I've been following his career since his Texas days.

Well things got interesting on Thursday when Gonzalez was places on waivers. Everyone was saying that there is close to zero chance that the Redsox would trade Gonzalez with that large contract. That quickly changed on Friday afternoon after the Dodgers were awarded claims on Gonzalez and Beckett.

Beckett has been awful this season but maybe a change of leagues can help him out. He was great when he pitched for the Florida Marlins. It's a toss up between Beckett and Blanton right now. Blanton hasn't really been pitching that well.

Carl Crawford is out for the remainder of the season because of Tommy John surgery and will most likely miss half of the season next year.

From TrueBlueLA:
                      Adrian Gonzalez has six years, $127 million left on his contract
                      Carl Crawford has five years, $102.5 million left
                      Josh Beckett has two years, $31.5 million remaining
                      Nick Punto, aka the glue to the deal, has $1.5 million due in 2013
                      The only player that I'll probably miss going to the Redsox will be Rubby De La Rosa. I'm fine with every other player that was included. I'm a little shocked that the Dodgers didn't have to add Zach Lee to the deal.

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
                      Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
                      Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

this deal is a steal for the Dodgers!
                        http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I would say it is a steal for the Red Sox. They are able to use all that money to start over. They wanted to unload Crawford and Beckett (with him being a pain recently) and really only parted with Gonzalez.
                          Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                          Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                          Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I think I was most sad to see Punto included.

If the Sox are trying to rebuild and shed payroll, then so be it. It isn't like anything is going to gel all of a sudden with these guys.

I don't think Crawford was made to play in Boston.

Gonzalez is a great talent. From the sounds of it they wanted him to be a leader on the team, and that was not happening.

Beckett, I am glad he is gone. Good riddance.

I just hope management figures out what they need to do and how they need to operate. We shall see. Not like what I say is going to affect anything they do. Again, this is all just stuff I hear, except for Beckett.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                            Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                            Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                            NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

On top of it, they did cut 1/3 of their payroll by getting rid of these guys. That should give them some financial flexibility.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                              Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                              Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                              MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                              NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                              NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                              NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                              I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Working...
                              X