Rogers Clemens Returns To Mound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers Clemens Returns To Mound

Roger Clemens allows one hit in return to mound | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

Uh ok. Clemens will do whatever Astros owner says, so Clemens is going to be pitching for the Astros in September? LOL!

Roger Clemens said he had two goals during his return to the mound for the Sugar Land Skeeters on Saturday night.

"I hope nothing breaks and I hope I don't pull anything," the 50-year-old righthander told reporters before making start against the mighty Bridgeport Bluefish.

Clemens was successful on both accounts and his performance wasn't bad either as he threw 3 1/3 scoreless innings while striking out two and allowing only one hit. His outing lasted 37 pitches (24 for strikes) while his fastball topped out at 88 MPH on the radar gun. That's certainly not bad for a 50-year-old, no matter the level of competition, though it's also far from an indication that Clemens would be able to do the same thing against big leaguers should he attempt a comeback to Major League Baseball.

For his part, Clemens has said that he's nowhere near "major league ready":

''I don't know how much clearer I can say it,'' Clemens said Friday. ''I'm nowhere near major league ready, nor have I been training or pitching in that type of mode.''

Clemens, however, is also on record as saying he'll do whatever Houston Astros owner Jim Crane wants him to do and ESPN analyst Curt Schilling predicted that we'll see Clemens pitching in a big league uniform come September "as long as he stays healthy."

We'll see how Clemens' arm feels in the morning, but it's hard to believe this will be a one-time affair. Though Clemens currently doesn't have another start scheduled for the Skeeters, here's betting we'll see him pitching again some time soon.

Uhhhh favre? Jordan? They never retire do they imna be the creepy dude here and say its like a rash that keeps coming back. Never really liked clememns though but the guy has to have balls to pitch at 50

Comment

Agreed. Clemens is like the Favre of Baseball. At least Jordan retired from the Wizards after 2 seasons and didnt come back again. LOL!

Comment

Why would you come back to pitch for the Astros? Epic fail!

Comment

Ya ummm astros basically suck

Comment

Working...
          X