Adrian Gonzales Hits Home Run In First Dodger At Bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Gonzales Hits Home Run In First Dodger At Bat

He loves L.A.: Adrian Gonzalez homers in his first at-bat as a Dodger (Video) | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

I was watching this game at the gym and saw his first at bat. I thought he would get a RBI out of it for sure, but I didnt think he would actually hit a Home Run in his first at bat. Dodgers look scary good right now.

After a cross-country flight, the first baseman arrived at Dodger Stadium for a standing ovation during pregame warmups, and then an even bigger ovation when he welcomed himself back to southern California in the best way possible during the first inning.

Well, so much for jet lag. Gonzalez's three-run homer off Miami's Josh Johnson in the first inning of Saturday's 8-2 win over the Marlins marked only the sixth time that a player homered in his first at-bat in a Los Angeles Dodgers uniform. It was also the type of highlight that made you wish Dodger Stadium had an efficient parking lot system as a decent number of fans hadn't yet reached their seats for the official arrival of the new and improved (and very expensive) L.A. Dodgers. Still, there were a lot of fans lucky enough to see such a cool moment and they did make a lot of noise.

Whats the big deal? He hit a home run. Stop the presses! It's not like this was his first major league homer or is a 50 year old over the hill retired pitcher that just pitched 3 1/3 scoreless innings of 1 hit baseball for a Texas girls softball team!

Comment

Working...
    X