Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamondbacks Trade Joe Saunders To Orioles

D-backs trade Saunders to Orioles for Lindstrom - Yahoo! Sports

Never cared for Saunders when he was an Angel. At least Halos was able to get Dan Haren for him.

BALTIMORE (AP) -- Eager to bolster an inexperienced pitching staff during their first playoff run since 1997, the Baltimore Orioles obtained left-hander Joe Saunders on Sunday in a trade with the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Baltimore gave Arizona right-handed reliever Matt Lindstrom and cash considerations or a player to be named later.

Saunders, who was scheduled to start Sunday against San Diego, was 6-10 with a 4.22 ERA in 21 starts with Arizona this season. He won 12 games last season while helping the Diamondbacks win their first NL West title since 2007.

Move saves Dbacks no money so I'm not really sure why they did it. Skaggs will replace him in rotation which is good, but O's should have had to take on the remaining 1.3 in salary.

Comment

Lindstrom gives them a stronger bp for the big push. D-backs have good young and cheaper arms in the minors.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I get that, but they aren't makign the playoffs this year so Lindstrom offers no help and if they really like him he has a $4 milllion option so he wouldn't be cost effective. Team had to deal Saunders, but if you're not getting a prospect then it should have been a salary dump.

Comment

Working...
        X