Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Markakis Out 6 Weeks

Orioles RF Markakis out for 6 weeks - Yahoo! Sports

BALTIMORE (AP) -- Orioles right fielder Nick Markakis will be out for at least six weeks with a broken left thumb, the result of being hit by a pitch from New York Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia.

Markakis left Saturday night's 5-4 win over the Yankees in the fifth inning immediately after being struck by the pitch. The injury will keep him out of the remainder of the regular season and well into October - should Baltimore qualify for its first postseason appearance since 1997.

''It's definitely broken. He's out. We're hoping he can get back in time to play deep in the playoffs for us,'' Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. ''It breaks my heart personally, and for him. I know how much this time of the season means to him. We'll go forward from there.''

tough break for the o's
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

I guess that's the way the Yankees try to keep the "BIRDS" from over taking them. Hopefully, it won't keep the "Birds" from not doing so. And overall, it would really be nice for the "BIRDS" to win the A L EAST and the Yankees to be eliminated from making the playoffs. GO "BIRDS" !!!!!!

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
      X