PSA/DNA help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA/DNA help?

For autographed baseballs being certified & authenticated by a 3rd party like PSA ... do most collectors have the " Certification Label" placed on the item directly or on the Letter of Authenticity (LOA) ?

Not sure if having the labels directly on the ball looks weird or detracts from the value ? I appreciate any advice, experiences etc ...

Thank you!!!

Mike

Originally posted by Millerzeit View Post
    For autographed baseballs being certified & authenticated by a 3rd party like PSA ... do most collectors have the " Certification Label" placed on the item directly or on the Letter of Authenticity (LOA) ?

Not sure if having the labels directly on the ball looks weird or detracts from the value ? I appreciate any advice, experiences etc ...

Thank you!!!

Mike
    I am a very big collector of autographed baseballs. The industry standard is having the sticker placed on the ball because 90% of the COA's are the small index card COA with no picture proof. Who is to say what card goes with what baseball if there is no serial numbered sticker on it. The more expensive or rare autographs get LOA's or letters. The LOA's have a picture of the ball right on it as well as a very extensive description of the ball and autos. Usually the sticker is also put on the ball as room allows. I prefer the sticker direct on the ball. All my autographed balls have a sticker on them including the LOA's. If you check ebay all the JSA & PSA balls have stickers on them. They usually place them on the opposite side so they can not be seen when viewing the auto. I think they add more than detract. My one exception is I will not buy a ball that has a store or mom & pop certification sticker on it. One, no one believes that the sticker makes the auto real, two it lowers the value of the ball to have a "Mikes Memorabilia Shop" sticker. I go with PSA, JSA, Steiner, and even Upper Deck for a few. I rid my collection of GAI balls as there proved to be TOO many fakes.

Any other questions just ask!

My collection of Autographed Baseballs can be seen here:
    http://s21.beta.photobucket.com/user...OF%20BASEBALLS

Comment

Originally posted by AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR View Post
      I am a very big collector of autographed baseballs. The industry standard is having the sticker placed on the ball because 90% of the COA's are the small index card COA with no picture proof. Who is to say what card goes with what baseball if there is no serial numbered sticker on it. The more expensive or rare autographs get LOA's or letters. The LOA's have a picture of the ball right on it as well as a very extensive description of the ball and autos. Usually the sticker is also put on the ball as room allows. I prefer the sticker direct on the ball. All my autographed balls have a sticker on them including the LOA's. If you check ebay all the JSA & PSA balls have stickers on them. They usually place them on the opposite side so they can not be seen when viewing the auto. I think they add more than detract. My one exception is I will not buy a ball that has a store or mom & pop certification sticker on it. One, no one believes that the sticker makes the auto real, two it lowers the value of the ball to have a "Mikes Memorabilia Shop" sticker. I go with PSA, JSA, Steiner, and even Upper Deck for a few. I rid my collection of GAI balls as there proved to be TOO many fakes.

Any other questions just ask!

My collection of Autographed Baseballs can be seen here:
      HOF BASEBALLS pictures by ebayamazing - Photobucket
      One of the best replies i've seen on this forum. Thanks! Your info is a great help. I'm impressed by your collection. I only have 2 balls left i'm planning on using PSA for. Two of my most favorite i received when i was young with my Dad. The rest we sold off with a large collection estate when my father passed away 18yrs ago.
      Thanks again for the time and info. It is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Millerzeit View Post
        One of the best replies i've seen on this forum. Thanks! Your info is a great help. I'm impressed by your collection. I only have 2 balls left i'm planning on using PSA for. Two of my most favorite i received when i was young with my Dad. The rest we sold off with a large collection estate when my father passed away 18yrs ago.
        Thanks again for the time and info. It is much appreciated.
        Thank You. I appreciate the compliment.

Always willing to help out another collector. Its what keeps our hobby growng!
        Stay Safe,
        Joe

Comment

Working...
        X