Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indians Fire Manny Acta

Indians Dismiss Manny Acta: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Indians announced that they've dismissed manager Manny Acta. The team named Sandy Alomar Jr. the interim manager for the remainder of the 2012 season.
    --
    Obviously he was the scapegoat, I think he's a pretty good manager though.

Antonetti should've been the first idiot fired from this disgrace of an organization.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I'm assuming that they wanted to give the interim tag to Alomar so he can't leave for a different managerial position in the offseason before they make a decision on him. I can't think of any other reason to fire a manager with a week left in the season. Whoever is the new manager is doomed, because there is almost no talent in the minors and the big league team is a joke. The ownership group is among the worst in any sport or business.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Jeremy should be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
          Jeremy should be happy.
          Nope....Acta was never the problem. The ownership + front office are the problems.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Oh ok. Well at least you got rid of Mike Brown, who is now on my team. LOL!

Comment

Mike Brown has some great facial expressions.
              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
                I'm assuming that they wanted to give the interim tag to Alomar so he can't leave for a different managerial position in the offseason before they make a decision on him. I can't think of any other reason to fire a manager with a week left in the season. Whoever is the new manager is doomed, because there is almost no talent in the minors and the big league team is a joke. The ownership group is among the worst in any sport or business.
                All the talent they do have were brought up. The ownership must go in my opinion. We need somebody with deep pockets doing this as a hobby and not an investment.
                I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

Working...
                X