X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers Clinch Playoff Spot

Rangers earn split with Angels to get playoff spot - Yahoo! Sports

It had to be against the Angels.

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Closer Joe Nathan got the quick redemption he hoped for, and the two-time defending AL champion Texas Rangers are back in the playoffs.

They're still trying to win another division title.

Nathan ended a long day with his 37th save, after blowing a chance in the opener, and Mike Napoli homered twice while driving in six runs as the Rangers won 8-7 Sunday night for a doubleheader split against the Los Angeles Angels.

''Any reliever would ask to get out there and try and put this afternoon's game behind them,'' Nathan said. ''The team over there is playing great, pushed us right the limit again. We've still got some work to do.''

While overcoming an quick 4-0 deficit in the nightcap to assure themselves a playoff spot - and postseason berths for Baltimore and New York Yankees, as well - the Rangers (93-66) have to win at least once during their season-ending, three-game series at second-place Oakland for the AL West title.

They are not quite the team they were last year, however they are still better than all of the other teams in the AL. Go Rangers! 3rd times the charm!!!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

If the "BIRDS" don't make it to the W S, I'd like to see the Rangers to have one more chance at winning one.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

Should be a great series between the A's/Rangers to finish the series. As a Baseball fan, I hope the A's win the first 2 games so the last game of the regular season is for the division title, but I hope Texas wins, there is unfinished business.

Originally posted by ocanseco55 View Post
        They are not quite the team they were last year, however they are still better than all of the other teams in the AL. Go Rangers! 3rd times the charm!!!
        They better hope they're playing 8-6 games then

Comment

Working...
        X