Miguel Cabrera Wins 1st Triple Crown In 45 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cabrera Wins 1st Triple Crown In 45 Years

CONGRATULATIONS to Cabrera - 1st MLB player in 45 years to win the TRIPLE CROWN.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Congrats to Miggy on the 3x Crown and the AL MVP!! Only question now: what type of beverage will he celebrate with?
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

That's awesome!!!

Comment

Tigers' Cabrera wins 1st Triple Crown in 45 years - Yahoo! Sports

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Miguel Cabrera became the 15th player to win baseball's Triple Crown on Wednesday night, the reluctant superstar thrust into the spotlight after joining an elite list that includes Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams and Lou Gehrig.

Cabrera's milestone wasn't official until the Yankees pinch hit for Curtis Granderson in their game against the Boston Red Sox. Granderson had homered twice to reach 43 for the year, tied with the Rangers' Josh Hamilton and one shy of Cabrera.

Cabrera went 0 for 2 against the Royals before leaving in the fourth inning to a standing ovation. He finished the regular season with a .330 average, four points better the Angels' Mike Trout, his biggest competition for MVP. Cabrera was the runaway leader with 139 RBIs.

Boston's Carl Yastrzemski was the last player to achieve the Triple Crown in 1967.

''I am glad that he accomplished this while leading his team to the American League Central title,'' Yastrzemski said in a statement. ''I was fortunate enough to win this award in 1967 as part of the Red Sox's 'Impossible Dream Team.'''

Commissioner Bud Selig said also offered his congratulations, calling the Triple Crown ''a remarkable achievement that places him amongst an elite few in all of baseball history.''

The crowd at Kauffman Stadium gave him a standing ovation before he flied out in the first inning. He struck out in the fourth inning but remained in the game, allowing Leyland to remove him with two outs to another standing ovation from thousands of appreciate fans.

Cabrera high-fived his teammates as he entered the Detroit dugout, then walked back to the top step and waved his helmet. When the milestone became official, it was displayed on the center field scoreboard to another standing ovation.

''I would say without question he's enjoyed it. How could you not enjoy what he's done if you're a baseball player?'' Tigers manager Jim Leyland said before the game.

''I would also add to that I doubt very much, knowing him, that he necessarily enjoys all the extra attention, and all the extra conversations he has to have, it's kind of out of his realm in personality, to be honest with you.''

Comment

BEST. HITTER. ON. THE. PLANET.

Comment

Well done Miggy!
            U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
            Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
            Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Miguel Cabrera Clinches the AL Triple Crown!

It's official, Miguel Cabrera has clinched the 2012 American League Triple Crown! The last time this happened was in 1967 by Carl Yastrzemski

Cabrera finishes the season with a .330 Batting Average, 44 Home Runs, and 139 RBI, and maybe his first MVP award?

Congrats to Miguel Cabrera, the best hitter in the game!

Picture credit: zimbio.com
              Follow us on Twitter: @FearTheShadow

More...

Comment

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS!

Time for Miggy to get drunk!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                  I wish he was on the Indians
                  Of course you do...

Comment

Of course I wish he was on the Indians. I wish ANY relevant star baseball player was on the Indians.

But that'll never happen on account of having one of the cheapest owners in all of baseball.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                    Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
                        Haters Gotta Hate

Comment

Hey I didn't make it.
                          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                          X