Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards advance to NLDS after disputed call against Braves

St. Louis Cardinals vs. Atlanta Braves - Recap - October 05, 2012 - ESPN

ATLANTA -- David Freese and the St. Louis Cardinals rediscovered their postseason touch. Chipper Jones and the Braves kept throwing the ball away. And the Atlanta fans turned Turner Field into a trash heap.

They said anything could happen in baseball's first wild-card playoff.

Boy, did it ever
    ---
    First, the Braves got jobbed, second, the Braves fans were classless.

Braves got screwed. I dont like this extra Wild Card. Figures the first game ever in this new format would end in controversial fashion. Way to go Bud Selig. LOL!

Comment

The "infield fly call" will go down in baseball history. However, it wasn't the reason for the Braves loss. The Braves lost because they literally "threw the game away" - 3 throwing errors ("Chipper",Uggla, Simmons) that ALL resulted in runs being scored. The Braves infield fielding just out and out caved in. Maybe next year Braves.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

Comment

That was a tough call. The guys on baseball network couldnt even agree with each other on the merits of the call.
          I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

The Braves screwed the Braves. And the "thugs" that call themselves Braves "fans" should be ashamed of the way they acted. Someone spank them and send them to bed without their juice pocket and teddy grahams. There are countless times that umpires make bad calls, this just happened to be in a playoff game.

I wonder if that umps previous job was as a replacement NFL referee?

Comment

Surprised nobody has commented on this, but farewell to one of the greater players of this generation, Chipper Jones. Congrats on a great career!
              "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Working...
              X