X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orioles Take Game 2 Against Yanks

Orioles beat Yankees 3-2 to even ALDS at 1-all - Yahoo! Sports

Thanks goodness. I hate the Yankees.

BALTIMORE (AP) -- Sometimes, postseason experience isn't all that important.

How else to explain Baltimore rookie Wei-Yin Chen outpitching playoff-tested Andy Pettitte to beat the New York Yankees in a game the Orioles couldn't afford to lose?

With Chen leading the way, the Orioles squeezed out a 3-2 victory Monday night to even their AL division series at one game apiece.

Chris Davis drove in two runs for the wild-card Orioles, who used the same formula that got them into the postseason for the first time in 15 years: a magnificent bullpen and an ability to win tight games. Baltimore was 29-9 in one-run decisions during the regular season and 74-0 when leading after seven innings.

Major league saves leader Jim Johnson, roughed up for five runs in a Game 1 loss, came back to pitch a perfect ninth to close it out.

I still don't get how they win games.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
      I still don't get how they win games.
      That makes two of us!

Comment

Its the Orioles, Earl Weaver is really guiding them.
        http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

For 2012 the Orioles have had one of the BEST teams in MLB. The main reason for this, in my opinion, is they played as a TEAM. From top to bottom of the line up they had, on any given game, someone, or more than one, who could step up and help bring the VICTORY. They DO NOT depend on 1 or 2 power hitters to be the reasons for their WINS. Besides having a well balanced line up & no depending on 1 or 2 players per game, they also have one of the best, if not the best, bullpens in MLB. Also, they know how to hold onto a lead after 7 innings. They did not lose ANY game after having a lead in the 7th (last time I heard it was 75-0, amazing). They also had the best winning % in MLB of 1 run victories (29-9).They can WIN without BIG name players. Hopefully this team can remain together for several years, and continue winning.

Keep on winning "BIRDS", would really like to see y'all and the "Nats" in a 2012 "BELTWAY" WORLD SERIES. GO "BIRDS" !!!!!!!

The main items Im looking to trade for are
          Baseball HOFers Autos I need
          Orioles Autos I need
          Baseball HOFers GU I need
          Orioles GU I need
          Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
          However other offers will be considered

Comment

Hey Rodney, how do you really feel?

Comment

Working...
            X