Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Win Game 3 To Stay Alive Against Reds

Giants beat Reds in 10th, cut NLDS deficit to 2-1 - Yahoo! Sports

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Hardly able to get a hit, the San Francisco Giants used a misplayed grounder to prolong their NL playoff series.

Third baseman Scott Rolen's two-out error in the 10th inning gave the Giants the go-ahead run Tuesday night in a 2-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds, who couldn't shake 17 years of home postseason futility.

The Giants avoided a sweep in Game 3, cutting their division series deficit to 2-1.

Rolen, an eight-time Gold Glove winner, couldn't come up with Joaquin Arias' short-hop grounder, bobbled it and threw late to first.

''I've gone through the play many times in my mind between then and now, and I think I would play it the same way,'' Rolen said. ''It hit my glove. I just couldn't get it to stick.''

The Giants managed only three hits against Homer Bailey and Reds relievers, but got two of them in the 10th - along with a passed ball by Ryan Hanigan - to pull it out. San Francisco won despite striking out 16 times.

Stupid frickin rolen god dang wow that was bad if it werent for that wild pitch reds coulda won.

Comment

Working...
    X