The "BIRDS" season ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "BIRDS" season ends

The Yankees just ended the GREAT 2012 season of the "BIRDS" with a 3-1 victory. Sorry to see the "BIRDS" gone. However, they had a really GREAT outstanding year. They were picked to finish dead last in the A L EAST, and they ended up in the playoffs. CONGRATULATIONS "BIRDS" for a well played season, hopefully next year y'all will take it further.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Bring it on, New York!

Comment

So much for a "Beltway" World Series!

Comment

The O's had a great season indeed. I personally counted them out several times all Summer and they proved me wrong time and time again. They are legit. They are a couple of good off season moves away from being a big time threat next year. Much respect.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/victornegron/albums

Comment

What a great ride thay had way better than chippers last days.
          http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
          Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

Booooo!!! I hate the Yankees.

Sorry Rodney. Hopefully Gladdy's team can take out the Yanks now.

Comment

See ya in 2027, Baltimore!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
              Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

The "Nats" season is over too!!!!

Comment

What a game!! CC finally put down the cheeseburger and pitched a good meaningful game while Afraud watched.

Originally posted by Negron-23 View Post
                  They are a couple of good off season moves away from being a big time threat next year. Much respect.

See I disagree. I think the stars aligned just right and they ha a bunch of guys have either career year or just an above normal year.

They have a couple good players but I do not see them piece mealing this team back to the top next year

They are like the moneyball team of the east and had a great run but that will be about it for a couple more decades. The ferry just ran out of dust this year. The yanks were ripe for the taking yesterday.

If it is any consolation the tigers should sweep the yankees.

How bout them Angels
                  Last edited by wheeler281; 10-13-2012, 10:01 AM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Congrats on the season O's, the stars were aligned for this fluky season. The sand in the hourglass just ran out.
                    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Angels =

Comment

I agree with Kerwins last comments that disappeared? Or maybe all of the beer is making my vision blurry? I hope not cause I just got settled into my seat for the Mizzou-Alabama game. I'm surrounded by 60,000 screaming kids. OK, some are adults!

Comment

There are a few reasons why I think they can be competitive again next year.
                          Look at the division. I think Boston has taken a few steps back and will take a few years before they recover. Toronto never seems to figure it out. Tampa has good young pitching but they lose players every year. I don't think Rodney, Pena or Upton will return.
                          And the Yankees are getting old and becoming a flawed team and have some off season decisions to make that could bring them back down to the rest of the division.

Plus next year the O's will have Machado for a full year. If they keep McLouth they'll have him for a full year. They'll get back Markakis. If they can sign or trade for a true top of the rotation guy to move everyone in the rotation down a slot, that makes their rotation much stronger/deeper. And if they also acquire another decent veteran bat to stick in the middle of the lineup they'll be right there again next year.

Sure, they'll need some more magic, but really every team needs that when you think of it. No team makes it on just sheer talent. You always need some breaks along the way throughout the course of a long season.

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post

See I disagree. I think the stars aligned just right and they ha a bunch of guys have either career year or just an above normal year.

They have a couple good players but I do not see them piece mealing this team back to the top next year

They are like the moneyball team of the east and had a great run but that will be about it for a couple more decades. The ferry just ran out of dust this year. The yanks were ripe for the taking yesterday.

If it is any consolation the tigers should sweep the yankees.

How bout them Angels
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/victornegron/albums

Comment

Working...
                          X