Derek Jeter Done for the Season With a Fractured Ankle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Jeter Done for the Season With a Fractured Ankle

Joe Girardi just announced it. Obviously done for the season, it's a big blow to the Yankees.

Devastating. I was doubting their chances before. Now it's all but over for 'em.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/victornegron/albums

Comment

Tigers looked to strong for the older worn down Yankees and with Jeter out I would venture to say the Tigers should win this series quicker than expected..
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Ouch! Never want to see that happen to any athlete, especially someone like Jeter.

Comment

Bad news for the Yankees and horrible news for a great player.

Comment

"Tigers looked to strong for the older worn down Yankees ... ", really ??? I didn't see that. They definitely not worn down against the Tigers closer in the 9th. Sorry to hear about Jeter. I hope Yankee fans don't use that as an excuse if the Tigers win this series. Raul is still on fire, especially if he comes up to the plate in the 9th and the Yankees are a run or two down. So far, in my opinion, he has been the most dangerous hitter in the playoffs for the Yankees.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
            Baseball HOFers Autos I need
            Orioles Autos I need
            Baseball HOFers GU I need
            Orioles GU I need
            Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
            However other offers will be considered

Comment

huge loss for the Yankees
              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

This could be the end of his career sadly

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
                  I hope Yankee fans don't use that as an excuse if the Tigers win this series.
                  What planet are you from. Are there lots of clowns on that planet? There is no yankee fan using anything as an excuse like O's fans do with the "big name palyers and payroll excuse" while ignoring facts that they pick up scrubs and rejuvenate them as well. Also not sure there was one yankee fan that thinks they tigers are not a way better team.

However you discount him based out of hate. I had the yankees losing in 5 but this for sure puts a nail in the coffin. You can't lose the greatest post season player on your team let alone maybe in history and think it will not even make it worse. His leadership is 2nd to none and has been ranked as the greatest leader in baseball by most.. He was hitting 370 this postseason (leading the team) lead the league in hits (216) this year. Yeah any yankee fan should discount that his numbers and leadership. I would say you should run for mayor on said planet.

He will be back to continue trounce Cal on the greatness scale next year.
                  Last edited by wheeler281; 10-14-2012, 09:49 AM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Jeter's impact (in my opinion) will be missed because he's one of the few guys who are actually hitting for them. It's been him, Ichiro (kinda) and Ibanez. If Cano, Swisher, ARod, Granderson etc aren't gonna hit, it wouldn't matter what Jeter did or didn't do, but it doesn't help.

Comment

I am just surprised on the way they are handling Arod. It is not as if all the other key players are hitting any better than him and Eric Chavez is 0-11 this postseason. They should just let Arod work through his slump and maybe he can turn it around. Losing Jeter hurts if only because he was their offense this postseason.

Comment

The Justin Verlander's, I mean the Tigers will win the series, but the NL will win the World Series once again, especially if it is the Cardinals they are facing. They got that Raul Ibanez magic running through the whole team.

Comment

Jeter to have surgery, 4 to 5 months for recovery - Yahoo! Sports

DETROIT (AP) -- Derek Jeter will have surgery on his broken left ankle, and the New York Yankees say the star shortstop could need four to five months to completely recover.

The Yankees said Wednesday that Jeter will be operated on Saturday by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C. The timetable the team announced means Jeter likely would be ready to return sometime between the start of spring training in mid-February and late spring training in mid-March.

General manager Brian Cashman called that a conservative estimate and left open the possibility that Jeter could come back sooner. Jeter had scans Sunday, which confirmed the fracture, and he saw Anderson on Tuesday.

''There's no new information,'' Cashman said. ''Nothing seemed worse than what our team doctors saw.''

Jeter has not accompanied the Yankees in Detroit.

Comment

Working...
                          X