Anibal Sanchez Throws 7 Shutout Innings in a 3-0 Tigers Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anibal Sanchez Throws 7 Shutout Innings in a 3-0 Tigers Win

The Detroit Tigers beat the New York Yankees tonight 3-0 to take a 2-0 lead in the ALCS.

After 6 innings, it was a 0-0 game, but the Tigers scored in the 7th inning after a leadoff double by Quintin Berry and single by Miguel Cabrera to set up runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out for Delmon Young who hit into a fielder's choice at 2nd base, but Berry scored and the Tigers took a 1-0 lead.

Anibal Sanchez was great today, he pitched 7 shutout innings, giving up 3 hits, walking 3 and striking out 7 batters; he earned his 1st win of the postseason.

The Tigers added to their lead in the 8th inning after singles by Omar Infante and Austin Jackson, and after a blown call by the 2nd base umpire which let the inning continue, Avisail Garcia who was pinch hitting hit a bloop single to drive in Infante. Miguel Cabrera came up next and hit a single to drive in Jackson and it was a 3-0 lead for Detroit.

Phil Coke came in for relief and pitched a 1-2-3 8th inning. Coke came back out and pitched a scoreless 9th inning to earn his first save of the postseason and he secured a Tigers victory.

Game 3 of the ALCS takes place in Detroit on Tuesday as the Tigers send Justin Verlander (2-0 0.56 ERA) to the mound against Phil Hughes (0-0 1.35 ERA) of the Yankees.

Picture credit: zimbio.com
    Follow us on Twitter: @FearTheShadow

More...

Comment

Get the brooms...
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

So Glad I was at the shooting range and did not watch one single inning of this mess

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
        If it is any consolation the tigers should sweep the yankees.

How bout them Angels

Guess I was not far off at all

Ding Dong "who is it" ... "Its Justin Verlander"

Its OVA!
        Last edited by wheeler281; 10-15-2012, 07:36 AM. Reason: lights image

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

its going to be a '68 rematch
          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
            So Glad I was at the shooting range and did not watch one single inning of this mess

Guess I was not far off at all

Ding Dong "who is it" ... "Its Justin Verlander"

Its OVA!
            Yea, it was ugly, they only had a couple chances to score, but they wasted them, and Jhonny the cat Peralta made a great defensive play.

I'm going to game 3 and can't wait. If Verlander wins it, the series is over (because I'd be shocked if the Yankees could beat this rotation 4 games in a row).

Comment

It has nothing to do with the rotation. They had their chances in game 1 even before that miracle ninth against the clown show. Their bats are dead. Long live the bats lol

Good Luck man hope you get a victory while in attendance

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
                its going to be a '68 rematch
                Or a 2006 World Series rematch.

Comment

Working...
                X