Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Even Series With Cardinals

Giants beat Cardinals 7-1 in Game 2 to even NLCS - Yahoo! Sports

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Marco Scutaro answered Matt Holliday's hard takeout with a big hit of his own to help the San Francisco Giants end their home slide.

Scutaro hit a two-run single in San Francisco's four-run fourth inning to help the Giants get their first home win this postseason, 7-1 over the St. Louis Cardinals on Monday night that tied the NL championship series at one game apiece.

The game got off to a testy start when Holliday barreled into Scutaro at second base to break up a potential double play in the first inning. The play riled up a crowd that had seen three straight losses by the Giants so far this postseason.

There was plenty to cheer all night for the Giants. Ryan Vogelsong pitched seven strong innings, Angel Pagan hit a leadoff homer to give San Francisco its first home lead this postseason, and Scutaro broke the game open with his single off Chris Carpenter.

Holliday with a dirty slide, then it was pretty cool that Scutaro ended up having the big hit (and of course Holliday with that nice error)

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
      Holliday with a dirty slide, then it was pretty cool that Scutaro ended up having the big hit (and of course Holliday with that nice error)
      Dirty slide my "xxx"! He started his slide before the bag. If you can't take the heat , then get out of the kitchen! I never heard the baseball world crying when Yadier Molina was almost decapitated by a dirty hit at home plate a few months back.
      Last edited by OriolesFan; 10-17-2012, 07:22 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
        Dirty slide my ass! He started his slide before the bag. If you can't take the heat , then get out of the kitchen! I never heard the baseball world crying when Yadier Molina was almost decapitated by a dirty hit at home plate a few months back.
        He slid over the bag......

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
          He slid over the bag......
          So what! It's part of the game! These overpaid kids need to stop acting like divas and play the "xxxx" game. Jeter didnt cry but Nick Markakis had to have Showalters shoulder to cry on in the dugout. What a pansy! I could honestly care less if the Earth opened up and sucked all professional athletes into the Abyss! They're all idiots! I understand, with their absence, there would be a shortage of used car salesmen and insurance agents, but civilization would survive.
          Last edited by OriolesFan; 10-17-2012, 07:23 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Comment

Jerry, two things - (1) There was no reason to mention anything in this thread about the "Birds"/Markakis, it's about the Giants/Cardinals. and (2)be careful about your wording, inappropriate language is not allowed. Therefore, I've edited your post. Please be more careful in the future.

Have a good day.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
            Baseball HOFers Autos I need
            Orioles Autos I need
            Baseball HOFers GU I need
            Orioles GU I need
            Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
            However other offers will be considered

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
              So what! It's part of the game! These overpaid kids need to stop acting like divas and play the "xxxx" game. Jeter didnt cry but Nick Markakis had to have Showalters shoulder to cry on in the dugout. What a pansy! I could honestly care less if the Earth opened up and sucked all professional athletes into the Abyss! They're all idiots! I understand, with their absence, there would be a shortage of used car salesmen and insurance agents, but civilization would survive.
              Whatever you say man, but we both know what you would've said had, say, Pablo Sandoval done the same thing to Kozma.

Comment

Working...
              X