Fernando Rodney Named AL Comeback Player of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernando Rodney Named AL Comeback Player of the Year

Rays closer Fernando Rodney named American League Comeback Player of the Year, Delivery Man of the Year | MLB.com: News

Timing is everything. And where Fernando Rodney and the Rays were concerned, the timing proved to be impeccable for both parties.

Rodney got the chance he needed and produced one of the best-ever seasons by a relief pitcher and the Rays benefited greatly by giving him a chance.

The first personal rewards were realized Friday when Rodney was named both the American League Comeback Player of the Year and the Delivery Man of the Year.
    ---
    FERNANDO!!!!

I told Kerwin this would happen.

LOL! Some team will way overpay him and he will stink next season. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
      LOL! Some team will way overpay him and he will stink next season. LOL!
      Impossible, the Rays hold a team option for about $3 million for next season.

Comment

Well deserved!
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

He may have been the best choice for "COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR", but not for "Delivery...". The "Delivery..." award should have gone to the Orioles relief pitcher, Johnson, who led the majors in SAVES with 51.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
          Baseball HOFers Autos I need
          Orioles Autos I need
          Baseball HOFers GU I need
          Orioles GU I need
          Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
          However other offers will be considered

Comment

Rodney had a ridiculous ERA and less blown saves, and only 3 less saves overall. Rodney derseved it IMO.
            "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
              He may have been the best choice for "COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR", but not for "Delivery...". The "Delivery..." award should have gone to the Orioles relief pitcher, Johnson, who led the majors in SAVES with 51.
              He may of had the most saves (which is completely dependent on being put into a game with a 1, 2, or 3 run lead), but wasn't anywhere close to as good as Fernando, who had a historical season.

Comment

The save statistic is almost as much of a joke as the hold is.
                Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                  Impossible, the Rays hold a team option for about $3 million for next season.

It would be the best time for the Rays to check his trade value.
                  Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

rodney was awesome this year! well deserved indeed.
                    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
                    X