Giants Tie Series With Cardinals, Force Game 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Tie Series With Cardinals, Force Game 7

NLCS Game 6: Ryan Vogelsong overwhelms Cardinals, helps Giants force deciding Game 7 | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

It all comes down to Game 7. Going to be an exciting game.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Ryan Vogelsong and the San Francisco Giants saved their season once more, pushing St. Louis to a winner-take-all Game 7 in the NL championship series.

Turns out the defending champion Cardinals aren't the only team that's tough to put away in October.

Vogelsong struck out a career-best nine batters in another postseason gem, and the Giants avoided elimination for a second straight game by beating St. Louis 6-1 on Sunday night.

Marco Scutaro delivered a two-run double and Buster Posey drove in his first run of the series with a groundout in the first inning as San Francisco struck early to support Vogelsong.

San Francisco's Matt Cain and St. Louis' Kyle Lohse are set to pitch in a rematch of Game 3, won by the Cardinals. There's a forecast of rain in the Bay Area during the day.

If the Cardinals win tonight the World Series will have the worst 2012 season W-L record teams from both the A L & N L playoff teams battling for the Championship. The playoff games this season have been interesting to watch though, and I expect the same with the W S (no matter if it involves the Cardinals or Giants). Looking forward to tonight's game.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Best of luck to the Cardinals (and less likely the Giants) in the offseason.

Comment

The Giants are undefeated facing elimination this year. The cards always have that last game magic to win. Should be a good game. More exciting than the debates, I'm sure.
        I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
        http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
        I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Working...
        X