Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Win Game 3 Of World Series

Oklahoma City Thunder trade James Harden to Houston Rockets - ESPN

Sorry Gladdy. Looks like it is over now.

DETROIT (AP) -- Nothing is stopping them - not even the Triple Crown winner at the plate with the bases loaded.

Armed and accelerating, the San Francisco Giants became the first team to throw consecutive World Series shutouts in nearly a half-century, blanking Miguel Cabrera and the Detroit Tigers 2-0 on a chilly Saturday night for a commanding 3-0 lead.

No team has ever blown such a huge margin in the World Series. And with the way Ryan Vogelsong, Tim Lincecum and the Giants are pitching, it seemed unlikely the Tigers would even score a run, yet alone win a game.

Gregor Blanco hit an RBI triple and trotted home on Brandon Crawford's single in the second inning, and that was ample for the Giants. Timely hits, combined with another dominant effort on the mound and sharp defense put them close to their second title in three years.

After playing a nearly perfect Game 3, the Giants will turn to Mr. Perfect Game himself - ace Matt Cain - to try for a sweep Sunday against Max Scherzer.

Dan, Tigers suck.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Frosted Flakes - Tony the Tiger rides a horse - YouTube
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Comment

Sorry Dan. I'm bored!
          Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

As Yogi Berra said "It ain't over 'til it's over". Even though the Tigers are down 3 games to none, and history is against them (no team down 3 to 0 in W S history has ever come back to win the W S), they STILL have a chance. Afterall they have had winning streaks of 4 or more games this year. Hopefully they'll win today, and take it to game #5.

Have a good day.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
            Baseball HOFers Autos I need
            Orioles Autos I need
            Baseball HOFers GU I need
            Orioles GU I need
            Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
            However other offers will be considered

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...