What about those "BIRDS" !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
    I'm just glad Ethier didn't win the Gold Glove again...

I don't know who the hell votes for these but to not give it to Trout is horrible.
    Managers and bench coaches, so dumb individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
      Without a doubt (personal opinion), I'd rather have ADAM JONES play CF for me over Austin Jackson any time. According to the "experts" who voted, he isn't a "below average...". Evidently he looked better to those who voted than Jackson did. Maybe next year, if Jones doesn't play as well (hopefully he'll play just as well, if not better), maybe Jackson will improve enough that he might have a chance of winning the GOLD GLOVE.

ALL three of the Orioles GOLD GLOVE winners were deserving of the awards. However, as I said before, there will always be those who don't agree, and it'll go on until the end of baseball or the planet earth.

Have a good afternoon.

Have a good day.
      Jackson wouldn't have to improve, he's already better, same for Trout.

If Jones played for the Yankees though, I'm sure he would've been a terrible choice.

Comment

"Experts" who voted picked Ryan Braun as MVP last year. Nuff said.
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Evidently MOST of the voters thought ADAM JONES was the BEST fielding Center Fielder for the 2012 MLB season. Like I said before there are, without a doubt, and always will be opinions that "others" were better. With baseball, that'll happen every season until there is no baseball or no planet Earth. But for 2012, the award of the GOLD GLOVE for the BEST Center Fielder in the A L belongs to ADAM JONES.
          He was no where near the best.
          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Without a doubt (personal opinion), I'd rather have ADAM JONES play CF for me over Austin Jackson any time. According to the "experts" who voted, he isn't a "below average...". Evidently he looked better to those who voted than Jackson did. Maybe next year, if Jones doesn't play as well (hopefully he'll play just as well, if not better), maybe Jackson will improve enough that he might have a chance of winning the GOLD GLOVE.

ALL three of the Orioles GOLD GLOVE winners were deserving of the awards. However, as I said before, there will always be those who don't agree, and it'll go on until the end of baseball or the planet earth.

Have a good afternoon.

Have a good day.

Someone winning with a fielding percentage below .990 is not a great fielder. If thats the case why didn't Albert "I don't need a glove" or Jose "Headbutt" win any?

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
              Was just making the point. Brendan Ryan is by far the best shortstop in the AL, but doesn't win because the coaches somehow think a player should win the awlard based on offense.

I know you were, never seen Ryan though.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
                Someone winning with a fielding percentage below .990 is not a great fielder. If thats the case why didn't Albert "I don't need a glove" or Jose "Headbutt" win any?
                Fielding percentage isn't a great way to judge either, in my opinion. There are plenty of advanced metrics that are great indicators, though.

Comment

Omar Vizquel should still be winning them!!
                  I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

Working...
                  X