Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins to Sign Juan Pierre

Marlins Sign Juan Pierre: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Marlins have signed Juan Pierre, reports Craig Mish of Sirius 210 XM 87 Fantasy Sports Radio (on Twitter).
    ---
    This will bring fans to the game!

LOL! They are going to trade him by mid season. I wonder what the contract is worth and how many years.

Comment

It is probably for 8 years and $80M, with a clause that you must be traded to the Blue Jays within the first two years.

Originally posted by key2win View Post
      LOL! They are going to trade him by mid season. I wonder what the contract is worth and how many years.

Comment

Comment

Reports: Pierre gets one-year deal from Marlins - Yahoo! Sports

Here's a switch: An established player is joining the Miami Marlins rather than exiting the team.

Free agent outfielder Juan Pierre agreed to a one-year, $1.6 million deal with the Marlins, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported. Multiple media outlets confirmed that the sides came to terms.

Comment

A piece of advice for Juan Pierre; don't unpack your bags or buy a house. Heck, don't have your mail forwarded either.

Comment

I feel bad for Pierre. He was a great player for the Phils as well as many teams he has been on. He just does his job and is a professional. Hopefully it will work out for him and he can be traded as a playoff piece for a team that can use him.
              Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
              Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
              Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

someone will trade for him by the allstar break
                http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                  Marlins Sign Juan Pierre: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

---
                  This will bring fans to the game!
                  no it wont.... we've been there, done that with pierre 02-05 . ok hes fast, reyes is faster.. as an outfielder he has no arm.. i just dont get the marlins.. never should of traded away reyes
                  Vikings fan.. but i pc dolphins for my boys.
                  http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r607/roc21viks/

Comment

He'll be moved at the deadline for a low-level prospect.
                    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Hey why is everyone raggin on the Marlins? The players chose to sign without a no trade clause cause they wanted the big bucks. The fans refused to come out for the New stadium. The attendance was pathetic for a brand new stadium.

The Loser Twins drew more fans then the Marlins even after their second straight losing season. Not to mention this is was the twins third season at Target feild.

The Marlins fans have never been loyal to the team, after they won the World Seris in 1997 the fans refused to buy up the season tickets for the next season, so the owner got rid of the highest paid players. Then they won another world series just 6 years later and still the fans refused to come.

When the twins won the World Seris in 1987 next season the fans came out in droves to support the team.

If the rays got a new good lookin stadium the fans would come. With that dump they have right now they are getting pretty good attendance.

Reyes got payed the big buck to repeat what he did in 2011. Burhle is going to be overpayed in 2013 by like 5 Million. Josh Johnson had a high three ERA after years of being injury prone.
                      Last edited by VGM; 11-28-2012, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Fans don't come to Marlins games because the Marlins suck! The new stadium sucks! That monstrosity of a statue in right field looks like an Hispanic drag queen(and I'm not referring to Jeffrey Laurie this time).

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                          Fans don't come to Marlins games because the Marlins suck! The new stadium sucks! That monstrosity of a statue in right field looks like an Hispanic drag queen(and I'm not referring to Jeffrey Laurie this time).
                          If the team sucks so bad why is everyone mad about them getting rid of over payed players? Doean't that mean the overpayed players are not doing their jobs? Are you saying the Marlins sucked in 2003 when they beat the Yankees and had a poor attendance?

Are you saying you preferred their old stadium?
                          Last edited by VGM; 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

The Marlins suck because ownership gives up before there's time to build a contender. You don't invest in a business, then dump all of your liabilities, without giving the business a chance to succeed. Then again, it's not even Laurie's money. He spends what he sucks out of all the other "big" market teams. If the fans in Miami aren't coming out to the games, its because the Marlins are being marketed wrong and the fans know no matter how much support they throw behind the team, if they start losing, ownership will throw them under the bus and fire sale. The Dolphins and Heat have no trouble filling seats. So tell me why, in a city that is predominantly Hispanic, it's so hard to sell tickets to a game played predominately professionally by Latino players? Blame your ownership!!!

Comment

New stadium or not, I think a big part of the attendance problem is where they built it. It is now 20 minutes(no traffic) farther south. People who live in Broward now have double the drive to get there.. Forget about going on a weeknight game, Last thing im trying is to drive into miami traffic at 6-7 pm . The dolphin expressway(836)/I95 area . just my opinion
                              Vikings fan.. but i pc dolphins for my boys.
                              http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r607/roc21viks/

Comment

Working...
                              X