A big trade....5 years later....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big trade....5 years later....

On this date in 2007, the Diamondbacks finalized two trades that brought Dan Haren, Connor Robertson, Chad Qualls, Chris Burke, and Juan Gutierrez to Arizona.

Brett Anderson, Dana Eveland, Greg Smith, Chris Carter, Aaron Cunningham, and Carlos Gonzalez went to the Athletics for Haren and Robertson while Jose Valverde went to the Astros for Qualls, Burke, and Gutierrez.

Huge trade 5 years ago. I can't say it made as big an impact for any of the teams that I thought it would. I guess you have to factor in the turnaround trade of Cargo which I believe netted Holliday. Haren pitched well for a few seasons. Anderson has been solid.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Haren was one of the best SPs in the NL for a few years at least.

Comment

Working...
    X