Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indians Sign Jason Giambi

Giambi signs minor league deal with Indians

CLEVELAND (AP) -- The Cleveland Indians have signed first baseman-designated hitter Jason Giambi to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

The Indians announced the signing Saturday, six days ahead of the team's first full-squad workout.

The 42-year-old Giambi spent the past three-plus seasons filling a part-time role with the Rockies. The 2000 AL MVP was a mentor to younger players and he interviewed for Colorado's managerial position this offseason.

Giambi could become the Indians' DH, a role filled by veterans Jim Thome and Travis Hafner in recent years.

A five-time All-Star, Giambi has 429 homers - just one in 89 at-bats for Colorado last year - 1405 RBIs and a .280 average in 18 big league seasons with Oakland, the Yankees and Rockies. Known for his patience at the plate, Giambi has a career on-base percentage of .403.

Championship!

Comment

Why ???? It's about time for him to retire, only 89 at-bats last year shows it. Good career, but it's now time to walk away.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
      X