Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1909 Honus Wagner Baseball Card Sells For $2.1 Million

Y! SPORTS

WEST BERLIN, N.J. (AP) -- A 1909 Honus Wagner baseball card has been sold for more than $2.1 million at auction.

The T206 card, originally released by the American Tobacco Co., went for $2,105,770.50 in an online sale, Goldin Auctions said Saturday.

While the company said the price was a record for a baseball card sold at auction, a similar Wagner card in mint condition was purchased for $2.8 million in a private sale in 2007.

Anyone ever read The Card? All about the Wagner that sold in '07. Great book, plus Mastro finally admitted to cutting the card.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
      Anyone ever read The Card? All about the Wagner that sold in '07. Great book, plus Mastro finally admitted to cutting the card.
      Did he finally admit to it? I just watched a bio on that card the other night and it had him at the end of the show... still stating that it was never tampered with. Wonder if him admitting how it will effect PSA credibility... from what I read it was that very card that put them on the map.
      sigpic

Comment

I thought I read an article the other day about him admitting to it. In The Card, it has all sorts of dirty secrets about the industry and how corrupt it has been. It was the card that made PSA. A guy named Bill Mastro bought the card a long time ago. Basically it was cut from a sheet, so whoever cut it, cut it bad, but left enough "card" so that when it was trimmed it still was in the specs of PSA. Everyone one really knew it was trimmed all along, only some will admit it now though. It's really interesting. What was the bio you watched? I would be interested in watching it. Below is the link about Mastro admitting to it. I suggest reading the book, really opens your eyes.

Bill Mastro Honus Wagner Altered: Dealer Cops To Doctoring Most Valuable Baseball Card Ever Sold

Comment

Ill be sure to take read at that, thx

I believe it was one of ESPNs 30 for 30 clips. Google 30 for 30 Honus Wagner.. something should pop up
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X