Best trade ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best trade ever

I know a lot of attention is often given to a great trade like the Doyle Alexander for John Smoltz trade where the prospect ends up being a HOF or star player. However, I was thinking about what trades have been the opposite where the star player ends up being spectacular for the new team and the prospects have minimal impact.

The trade that comes to mind is Miguel Cabrera for Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller. Neither is still with the Marlins and Miguel was only the best hitter in baseball last year!

What other trades turned out like this?
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

#1 - How about when "Babe" Ruth went from the Red Sox to the Yankees ? He really exploded, and changed baseball, when he became a regular day player than a pitcher (and the Home Runs started to increase greatly).

#2 - How about Lou Brock going from the Cubs to the Cardinals? He became a star, and HOFer, with a great career as a Cardinal.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

I think it's tough to include salary dump trades like the Miggy deal because everyone knows those are generally lopsided to begin with.

But along those lines, the Indians did pretty good getting Grady Sizemore, Brandon Phillips and Cliff Lee for Bartolo Colon.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
        I think it's tough to include salary dump trades like the Miggy deal because everyone knows those are generally lopsided to begin with.

But along those lines, the Indians did pretty good getting Grady Sizemore, Brandon Phillips and Cliff Lee for Bartolo Colon.
        True, but when the Marlins got Maybin and Miller they thought they were getting two of the Tigers best prospects.

Indians deal has got to be up there
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I didnt realize that what they got for Colon.. what a steal!
          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            Wrong, it wasn't a salary dump (well technically it was, I suppose), the Marlins got two top 10 prospects from Detroit, they just happened to both end up sucking.

Comment

The Mark Teixeira deal for the Rangers-Matt Harrison(serviceable no. 2 or 3), Elvis Andrus(top 10 ss) Neftali Feliz (hopefully gets moved back to closer after Nathan leaves & Tommy John surgery) & Saltamacchia (who was supposed to be the centerpiece but is now a pretty decent catcher fot the Sawx.)

this was a huge deal simply b/c we always seemed to end up on the other side of it-Harold Baines for a skinny Sammy Sosa & Wilson Alvarez anyone?
              -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
              http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
              http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

I know it doesn't exactly fit what you were asking, but one of the best trades the Red Sox ever made was sending Heathcliff Slocumb to the Mariners for Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Working...
                X