Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies Trade Howie Kendrick To Nationals

Phillies trade Howie Kendrick to Nationals

The Philadelphia Phillies had a busy night Friday.

The Washington Nationals acquired Howie Kendrick and cash considerations in exchange for minor league pitcher McKenzie Mills.

As part of the Kendrick's deal, the Phillies will send about $1.59 million to cover most of the approximately $1.78 million Kendrick is due the rest of this season, and Philadelphia will remain responsible for Kendrick's $5 million in deferred salary.

"It's great because they're in first place and have a good chance to make the postseason,'' Kendrick said Friday night. "That's what we live for. Our ultimate goal as players is to win a World Series. I couldn't think of a better place to be going to.''

Kendrick, 34, is hitting .340 with two homers and 16 RBIs this season, but he has been limited to 39 games due to injuries. He didn't play in Friday night's 10-3 win over the Atlanta Braves after suffering a bruised left hand after being hit by a pitch in Wednesday's 9-0 win over the Houston Astros.

Kendrick has appeared in 24 games in left field, 10 games at second base and one at first.

"I'll probably be hitting eighth or something,'' Kendrick joked. "They've got a good lineup. Those guys know how to play the game. They do a lot on all ends. I'll just have to see where I fit in.''

It looks like, in regard to the other Phillies moves also, they are trying to "build-up" for the future.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
    X